Back to the Stories Page

The Dominafuhrer
Miss Spiteful's War

The New Recruit

The Dominafuhrer 1952
Miss Spiteful's Gold

Give My Regards To Bremen
Storm Takes A Bow
Two Long Winters
Bonnie Ingrid Of The Argylls
A Soldier's Wife For Me
What Became Of The Lively Ladies?
Walter's Warning
Castanelli Meets The Order
Kelly From Calgary
Three On The Bed
Solace For Solitaire
The Early Morning Tease Maid
The Chevvy With The Fritz On Top
J Edgar Hoovering
Signals From The Past
Gold In The Grave
Morning In Manhattan
Six Hatch A Plan
Back To Berlin
Two Little Girls From School Are We
Spoiling Miss Spiteful
The Taming Of The Slave
Kaffee At KaDeWe
Sugar's Stroll In The Park
The Checkpoint Chorus
The GDR People's Silvery Moon
Into The Tomb
The Festival Is Over
The Stasi At Night
Seraph Revealed
Old Photographs Never Lie
A Fair Exchange For Freedom
The Night Porter
Kelly's Heroines
Surgery En Suite
A Stiffie For Sapphire
The Torturous Twins
A Stilletto Up The Back
News From The East
We're Going To Wedding
Rudi's Revels
Down In The Dungeon
Nappies, Knots and Needles
Walkies With Alfred
Black Marcius For Miss Spiteful
The Return Of The Dominant 7
Grab Your Knickers And Run
Vive La France
Showdown With Seraph

The Stories of Yvonne Sinclair

Alice And Anna
On The Beach
The Bisley Boy
Silk Stockings On A Ladder
A Merry Ferry Christmas
Stella and Fanny

The Sacred Feminine

The Sacred Feminine

The Story Of T

Arrival At The Institute


An Introduction

VO Stories

Miss Malcahy's Detention
Nine and a Half Hours

The Weight Loss

I Sign A Contract

The Convict

The Convict


A Caning By Miss Spiteful
Always On The Bare
A Visit To Greenwich
At My Lady's Pleasure
Ball Shackle Story
I Met Claire In A Coffee Shop
Judicial Bastinado
Kevin's Poem
Long Weekend
Long Weekend Conclusion
My Visit
Robin's Electrical Torture
Shoeshine Boy
Slave To The Cane
The Basement
The Colony
The Escape Artist
The Huntress Caning
The Language School
The Worm's View
Webb Encounters

The Bossy Bank Women

A Judicial Punishment

The Valkyrie

Episode 1


The Vision
The Agreement
First Blood



The Dominafuhrer - MISS SPITEFUL'S GOLD

Episode 5 - A Soldier's Wife For Me

1947 - 1952

The wedding was wonderful, even if the only guests were Sugar, David’s parents from Stirling in Scotland and his brother, who was David’s Best Man. David’s father was a white haired Doctor who looked totally bewildered and his mother, a diminutive lady in pink, cried all the way through the ceremony. His brother, an Engineer Lieutenant Commander in the Royal Navy gave me a very shrewd look when we were introduced and I wondered if he was aware of his brother’s sexual tastes.

Sugar cried as well, as my Husband and I (I still love to say that) left for a Honeymoon in Paris. Her wedding present was a sheer nightdress, also flown in from New York but, in addition, she gave me back my last two diamonds and a wad of brand new Deutschmarks in exchange for signing over my half of the business to her. The new currency replaced the old Reichmarks and the three Allied Marks and overnight the black market vanished, the shops filled with the goods and the miracle of Germany’s economic revival had begun. The Russians did not approve of the economic unification of the three Allied Zones and, in protest, sealed off all of the land connections to West Berlin.

Thus, my first weeks as an Army Housewife in Colchester made me the centre of unwanted attention as the other Officer’s Wives not only wanted to meet me but also sought my opinion on the crisis that threatened to plunge Europe back into war.

I enjoyed Army life and being an Officer’s Wife. There were some tensions. I was not the only German Wife in the Battalion but I was the only one married to an Officer. My anti Nazi record, when it became known, helped and I could say that, as a result of being tortured, I could not have children and would prefer not to be seen in a swimming costume. But that produced another drawback. Two months after I had arrived, the Battalion Medical Officer, a brisk but kindly man, cornered me. I had made a point of avoiding him and had travelled to London to find a private Doctor who would prescribe my hormones for me.

“Ah Ingrid,” he greeted me. “Your Husband was telling me about your experiences in Germany during and after the war. Are you busy?” Thinking that he just wanted to hear more and wanting to be polite, I replied that I was free for a little while.

“Good!” He took a firm grip on my arm. “I want to give you a medical examination. It’s family surgery day and I‘ve replaced the Medical Orderlies with Army Nurses so there is no need to be shy.”

With my legs wobbling like jelly, I was led to the Medical Centre, convinced that my secret was about to be exposed. To my relief, I found that his only concern was that I had not contracted any infectious diseases such as Tuberculosis. I had to strip to my waist for an X-ray and he listened to my chest and back with a stethoscope. I gave a blood sample and filled out a questionnaire. When I was asked if my periods were regular, I could truthfully answer that I had never had a problem with them.

I encountered some resentment from English people in Colchester but received strong support from the other Wives. I might be German but I was their German and I was preferable to the English.

Being German also helped when I made a mistake or did something unfeminine. People laughed at me rather than wondered about me.

I loved the Regimental functions and I was so proud to watch the amalgamation ceremony on the parade ground on the 30th of September when the order was given for the Second Battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders to stand down. David and the others marched to take their places in the ranks of the First Battalion and with him went twenty surviving members of the original Second Battalion that been captured by the Japanese at Singapore.

David had told me that, as a newly commissioned Subaltern, he should have gone out to join the Battalion in the Far East but had caught a fever. By the time that he was fit for duty again, the German Army, including me, was rampaging through France and he had been kept in Scotland to form a new Holding Battalion. Two years later, his 15th Battalion had been redesignated as the 2nd to replace the one imprisoned by the Japanese.

The following year, the Battalion and their Families were sent by troopship to join the Hong Kong Garrison Brigade and our standard of living went up. We got a nice house and a servant. I just had to make sure that she never caught me shaving and I had to buy sanitary towels which I pressed against raw meat for several days a month to stop her getting curious. I had to keep all of my mistress gear in a locked trunk, to which I had the only key, and it was only opened and used for the private amusement of David and myself.

I even got a part-time job teaching French and German to the children of Servicemen in the Army school, which I enjoyed very much. David told me that I was a fantasy object for the schoolboys. If only they knew.

We were so happy and I dared to wish that this idyll could go on forever.

Unfortunately, the North Koreans decided to invade their Southern neighbours and, with the other wives, we watched our Husbands sail off to war on the cruiser, HMS Ceylon, in August 1950. The Battalion was in action within weeks and we waited anxiously for news of the fighting for Hill 282. There were casualties, not only from the enemy but also from the United States Air Force, who bombed them with napalm. The Argylls held their position and the Battalion Second in Command was awarded a posthumous Victoria Cross. I just wanted my David to come back to me.

On the morning of the 18th of October, there was a knock on the door and I opened it to find the Colonel’s Wife and an Army Padre standing there. I screamed and collapsed, babbling in German and English. I was convinced that I was about to lose another man that I loved.

David had been badly wounded in the fighting for Sariwan and they brought him back to Hong Kong. Fraser, David’s brother came to visit him in hospital when his Aircraft Carrier stopped off on the way to the war. He was very kind but I still had the feeling that he knew or had guessed more about me than he was prepared to say. Nevertheless, I appreciated his support.

David recovered slowly and had still not returned to duty when the Battalion was relieved the following April. He had been discharged from Hospital but he was still weak and the Chinese maid and I looked after him at home. The time that we spent together was wonderful and cemented the happiness into our marriage.

When he was stronger, we explored the New Territories, went gambling at a Casino in nearby Macao and made love whenever and wherever we could.

We spent another year in Hong Kong, with the Battalion on standby for return to Korea or diversion to Malaya, where the Emergency was escalating. In the event, we sailed straight home to be stationed in Edinburgh and David was immediately plunged into settling his company into their new barracks. My heart almost burst with pride as I saw him, in full ceremonial uniform, leading the Colour Guard when the Battalion received a new Shetland pony mascot, in honour of its war service in Korea, at a ceremony on Princes Street.

When that was over, we could concentrate on unpacking, getting our own new house in order and exploring Scotland. That is, until the night that the telephone rang.

To continue this story, click Whatever Became Of The Lively Ladies.

Back to the top